U.S. Vice President JD Vance said on May 19 that a planned U.S. troop deployment to Poland has been delayed and that it was not accurate to say the troops were being withdrawn from Europe.
Last week, the Pentagon and the Polish defense minister said that the United States had decided not to proceed with the temporary deployment of 4,000 extra U.S. troops to Poland.
The decision followed the Pentagon’s May 1 announcement that it would reduce the U.S. military presence in Germany by 5,000 soldiers.
Vance said at a May 19 White House briefing that he wants to encourage Europe to “take more ownership” of the common defense….
Vance Says US Troop Deployment to Poland Has Been Delayed

