None of the U.S. trading partners that struck deals with the Trump administration have indicated intentions to withdraw after the Supreme Court last week struck down the majority of U.S. President Donald Trump’s tariffs, U.S. Trade Representative Jamieson Greer said on Feb. 22.
During an interview with CBS News’ “Face the Nation,” Greer said he had spoken with his counterpart from the European Union over the weekend, as well as officials from other countries.
“The deals were not premised on whether or not the emergency tariff litigation would rise or fall,” he said.
“So it’s totally normal for these countries to talk to each other, have meetings internally to determine this. But rest assured, I’ve been speaking to these folks as well, and I’ve been telling them for a year, whether this case—whether we won or lost—we were going to have tariffs, the president’s policy was going to continue. That’s why they signed these deals even while the litigation was pending.”…
US Trade Representative Says Nations Are Not Backing Out of Tariff Deals

