The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) said Sunday that its PreCheck that allows millions of travelers to receive expedited security screening at airports is still operational, reversing an earlier decision that signaled it would be temporarily suspended in the midst of a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) shutdown.
DHS was partially shut down earlier this month due to a congressional impasse over the budget, and specifically rules around Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents.
DHS said on Sunday that the PreCheck program was to be paused as of at 6 a.m. ET that morning. More than 20 million people are actively enrolled in the TSA PreCheck program, which allows approved passengers to go through a dedicated, faster security lane at U.S. airports and is designed to reduce wait times and streamline screening….
TSA Says PreCheck Still Operational Amid Shutdown, Reversing Prior Announcement

